What Is the Cost to Repipe a Mobile Home?
The cost to repipe a mobile home typically starts around $4,500, depending on the size and scope of the repiping project.
Repiping a double wide manufactured home will usually be more expensive than repiping a single wide due to the need for additional piping and fittings.
Choosing a specialist repipe company like us is often more cost-effective than hiring a generalist plumber for your mobile home repiping needs. To learn more about the cost-effectiveness of a specialist over a generalist plumber, you can read our article Choosing A Repipe Company: Specialists vs General Plumbers.
At Repipe Specialists, our repiping services come with several additional benefits, including:
- A lifetime workmanship warranty on all repipes.
- Specialized repipe crews who can usually complete the repiping in a day and handle any necessary wall patching on the following day.
- Handling all permits and coordinating inspections on your behalf.
- Utilizing high-quality Uponor PEX tubing and American-made L grade copper piping. We will discuss the recommended materials for your mobile home repipe later in this article.
Why Should I Repipe My Mobile Home?
There are several reasons why you may need to repipe your mobile home.
Many mobile homes that are over 30 years old and have not undergone repiping often have outdated plumbing materials such as polybutylene pipes or galvanized plumbing.
Polybutylene pipes have a known history of failure and can pose a significant liability for homeowners. The presence of polybutylene pipes may also impact your home insurance premiums.
Mobile homes that are upwards of 60 years old may still have galvanized pipes in their plumbing system. Galvanized plumbing has far exceeded its working life and can cause various issues, including rusty and discolored water, as well as significant water leaks. It's not a matter of if, but when, all the galvanized plumbing needs replacement.
Replacing polybutylene and galvanized plumbing is crucial to safeguard your mobile home from problems such as low water pressure, as well as more serious issues like breakages and leaks.
What Material Should I Use to Repipe My Mobile Home?
A mobile home repipe will typically use more flexible materials like PEX tubing to navigate small openings and tight spaces, rather than other commonly used materials such as copper. However, this doesn't mean that copper cannot be used for a mobile home repipe.
There are numerous benefits to using PEX tubing during a repipe. In the thinner and less insulated walls of a mobile home, materials like PEX can withstand higher and lower temperatures throughout the year. We have a detailed article discussing the advantages of PEX tubing in freezing conditions.
We utilize Uponor PEX for all of our repipes, unless the client specifically requests copper piping. We thread all of your mobile home's plumbing through a central manifold and wall cavities, minimizing the need for intrusive and messy wall patching.
It is crucial to consider repiping with up-to-date plumbing materials that will ensure the longevity and integrity of your mobile home's plumbing for many years to come.
Get a Quote for Your Mobile Home Repipe
Here at Repipe Specialists, we've repiped many mobile homes across the USA. We continually get positive customer feedback from customers about their overall home repipe experiences. We often exceed their expectations on:
- Speed: Our repipe crews typically complete a repipe in a day, returning on another day for wall patching.
- Convenience: Through our One-Stop Repipe™ process, we handle everything from permits, to wall patching, to inspections.
- Cleanliness: Our crews are trained to protect your home while working (we cover all surfaces with protective sheeting), and to clean up fully at the end of each day.
- Peace of Mind: Repipe Specialists is a fully licensed plumber in every state we operate in, and we back all of our repipes with a lifetime warranty.
- Financing programs: To help take the sting out of unplanned repipe expenses, we offer several financing programs.
- Price: As a specialist that performs hundreds of repipes a week, we can deliver high-quality repipes at a lower cost vs generalist plumbers.
Schedule a free in-home consult, and a local repipe consultants will explain all your repipe options, and provide you with a written, fixed price quote. Repipe your mobile home and ensure the longevity of your plumbing.