How Much Should it Cost to Replace My Plumbing?
In general, our plumbing replacements range from $4,500 for a two-bedroom, one-bath house to up to $15,000 for larger properties and more complex projects.
If you are researching repipe pricing for large multi-family properties such as HOAs, condos, or apartments, please visit our Multi-Family Division site. Repipe Specialists' Multi-Family Division can provide quotations for complex multi-unit projects, including project management support across tenant units and project financing.
Here at Repipe Specialists, we have performed thousands of repipes across the USA, specializing solely in full home plumbing replacements. A whole home repipe is more affordable than you might imagine and is almost certainly less expensive than repairing damages behind expensive repeated pipe leaks caused by systemic plumbing issues such as old CPVC piping, old polybutylene pipes, leaks under slabs, pinhole copper leaks, or failing galvanized plumbing.
For more information, please feel free to contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our local repipe consultants. They can provide a free, fixed-price quote tailored to your specific needs.
Factors That Will Affect The Cost To Replace Your Plumbing
There are several key factors that can affect the cost of replacing a home's plumbing. These factors include:
- The Size of the Area Being Repiped: The size of the plumbing replacement project determines the amount of materials and labor required. It also affects the overall length of plumbing needed, which in turn impacts the total cost of the plumbing replacement.
- The Number of Plumbing Fixtures: The number of plumbing fixtures in a home can impact the extent of repiping necessary and may influence the overall cost.
- The Accessibility of the Pipes: The accessibility of the pipes can significantly affect labor costs and the choice of piping material. Factors such as attics, raised foundations, open sub-flooring, basements, and standard hollow wall construction can all impact the cost of replacing the plumbing.
- The Complexity of the Installation: The complexity of a repiping installation depends on various factors, including the layout, obstacles, age of the home, and any prior renovations. Difficult-to-reach areas or intricate branching can increase the complexity of the project, thereby affecting the overall cost of replacing the plumbing.
- The Type of Piping Material: Selecting the appropriate piping material is crucial for replacing your plumbing successfully. Different materials have varying levels of durability, longevity, and maintenance requirements. At Repipe Specialists, we use Uponor PEX tubing and American-made L grade copper piping for repiping. PEX is often a more cost-effective option compared to copper, and PEX offers numerous benefits when it comes to replacing your plumbing.
Generalist Plumber vs Repipe Specialist: What Is More Cost-Effective?
When it comes to choosing between a generalist plumber or a repipe specialist for replacing your plumbing, there are several things to consider:
Generalist plumbing companies offer a range of services, including small repairs and larger projects. They handle various aspects of home plumbing, such as gas, sewer, and plumbing fixtures.
However, it's important to note that generalist plumbers typically operate in small teams of one or two and have a broad skill set. Since they are not solely focused on plumbing replacements, they require more time to complete such jobs. This can result in longer timeframes and potentially higher costs due to increased operational expenses.
When it comes to whole-home repiping, a company specializing in this service can provide a more focused, efficient, and cost-effective replacement of your plumbing.
Here at Repipe Specialists, we solely focus on whole-home repiping. Our dedicated repipe crews work in teams, allowing us to complete the job within one to two days. This reduces labor costs and ensures a swift replacement of your plumbing system.
With our extensive experience and expertise gained from performing multiple repipes every week, our specialized crews have honed their skills, making them highly efficient and cost-effective.
To ensure consistent quality, all our repipe crews undergo a comprehensive certification process, combining online and on-site training. This certification ensures adherence to our standardized One-Stop Repipe™ process, which we have developed over 30+ years and thousands of repipes.
By choosing a repipe specialist, you not only save money on the initial plumbing replacement but also on potential future plumbing issues. Our focused expertise ensures a reliable, cost-effective, and long-lasting solution for your home's plumbing replacement.
Get a Quote to Replace Your Plumbing
Here at Repipe Specialists, we've fully replaced plumbing in thousands of homes across the USA with modern Uponor PEX tubing or American-made L-grade copper pipe. We continually get positive customer feedback from customers about their whole home repipe experiences. We often exceed their expectations on:
- Speed: Our repipe crews typically complete a repipe in a day, returning on another day for wall patching.
- Convenience: Through our One-Stop Repipe™ process, we handle everything from permits, to wall patching, to inspections.
- Cleanliness: Our crews are trained to protect your home while working (we cover all surfaces with protective sheeting), and to clean up fully at the end of each day.
- Peace of Mind: Repipe Specialists is a fully licensed plumber in every state we operate in, and we back all of our repipes with a lifetime warranty.
- Financing programs: To help take the sting out of unplanned repipe expenses, we offer several financing programs.
- Price: As a specialist that performs hundreds of repipes a week, we can deliver high-quality repipes at a lower cost vs generalist plumbers. We have another article that covers whole house repipe cost factors in detail.
Schedule a free in-home consult, and a local estimator will explain all your plumbing replacement options and provide you with a written, fixed price quote.