What Is the Cost of Replacing CPVC with PEX Tubing?
The cost of replacing CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride) with PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) tubing can vary greatly depending on several factors, such as the size of the area being repiped, the number of plumbing fixtures, the accessibility of the pipes, and the complexity of the installation.
At Repipe Specialists, our repiping costs typically range from $4,500 for a two-bedroom, one-bath house with easy access; up to $15,000 for larger and more complex projects. If you'd like a detailed breakdown of repipe cost factors, be sure to read our article on how much it costs to repipe a house.
Replacing CPVC can help prevent potentially costly damage caused by CPVC piping failures. Some common problems associated with CPVC include:
- Leaks and joint failures due to thermal expansion
- Inadequate resistance to certain chemicals in the water supply
- Brittleness compared to PEX
To learn more about the common problems that arise from CPVC piping, visit our article on CPVC piping issues.
What Are the Benefits of PEX Tubing over CPVC Pipes?
There are several reasons why PEX tubing is often preferred over CPVC:
- Flexibility: PEX tubing is flexible and can be bent and curved without the need for fittings, making it easier and faster to install in tight spaces. In contrast, CPVC is rigid and requires more fittings and joints, which can increase the risk of leaks.
- Durability: PEX is highly durable and resistant to corrosion and freezing, and less likely to develop leaks or burst in extreme temperatures. CPVC, on the other hand, becomes brittle over time and is more prone to damage from freezing or extreme temperature changes.
- Health and safety: PEX tubing is considered much safer than CPVC as it does not contain any harmful chemicals or additives that can leach into the water supply.
- Longevity: PEX typically lasts 50 years or more, while CPVC usually lasts between 25 to 40 years. This means homeowners are less likely to need to replace their plumbing systems due to wear and tear.
- Cost: PEX is generally less expensive to purchase than CPVC, as it requires fewer fittings and less labor for installation.
Overall, PEX tubing offers greater versatility, durability, and cost-effectiveness for plumbing systems compared to CPVC. While CPVC has been widely used in the past, the advantages of PEX tubing have made it the preferred option for many homeowners and contractors.
For more information, you can read our article on the benefits of PEX tubing.
Repipe or Repair CPVC: What Is More Cost-Effective?
When considering the replacement of CPVC plumbing, a complete home repipe is always more convenient and cost-effective.
Here at Repipe Specialists, we specialize in full home repipes. In fact, it's all we do. We strongly believe that a comprehensive repipe offers numerous benefits.
If your CPVC replacement is due to pipe leaks, it's important to note that once you experience one pipe failure, subsequent failures are likely to occur. You can read more about the cost benefits of repiping vs repairing here.
By opting for a complete repipe of your CPVC pipes with PEX tubing, you can efficiently address any systemic issues while ensuring your peace of mind when it comes to your home's plumbing.
Get a Quote to Replace CPVC Piping with PEX Tubing
Here at Repipe Specialists, we've fully replaced CPVC piping in thousands of homes across the USA with modern PEX tubing or copper pipe. We continually receive positive feedback from our customers about their overall home repipe experiences. We often exceed their expectations on:
- Speed: Our repipe crews typically complete a repipe in a day, returning on another day for wall patching.
- Convenience: Through our One-Stop Repipe™ Process, we handle everything from permits to wall patching and inspections.
- Cleanliness: Our crews are trained to protect your home while working (we cover all surfaces with protective sheeting), and to clean up fully at the end of each day.
- Peace of Mind: Repipe Specialists is a fully licensed plumber in all the states where we operate, and we back all of our repipes with a lifetime warranty.
- Financing programs: To help alleviate the burden of unplanned repipe expenses, we offer several financing programs.
- Price: As a specialist that performs hundreds of repipes a week, we can deliver high-quality repipes at a lower cost vs generalist plumbers.
Schedule a free in-home consult, and a local Repipe Consultant will explain all your repipe options and provide you with a written, fixed price quote. Replace CPVC with PEX tubing to ensure the longevity of your home's plumbing.